Library Cards for Rochelle Park Residents
Library cards are available to all Rochelle Park residents who provide written proof of residency (e.g. utility bill, driver’s license, residential lease). Cards may be used at other Bergen County Cooperative Library System (BCCLS) libraries. Upon signing up for Open Borrowing, your Rochelle Park library card may also be used at cooperating libraries throughout New Jersey. Cards are renewed every three years by showing proof of current residency. A child may register for a card whenever a parent or guardian is willing to sign for responsibility. Click here for more information or here to apply online.
- Full borrowing, with the ability to directly reserve, through staff or home computers, NYT bestsellers, videos and DVDs and all library materials. Full borrowing from Rochelle Park and all other BCCLS libraries.
- Interlibrary loan service – library staff will locate and arrange delivery of desired books and articles. We will use not only the Bergen Libraries database but will search state and nationwide (a fee per item or applicable media rental may be assessed by the lending institution), if necessary.
- Remote access to library catalog and databases using your personal internet connection to look up and reserve items during hours when the library is closed.
* Please note that a valid BCCLS library card must be presented for all checkouts – even for Rochelle Park Library cardholders! This includes visits to the library to pick up items that we are holding for you.
PIN (Personal Identification Number)
If you do not yet have a PIN (also called a password in the catalog), please ask for one the next time you visit the library. A PIN enables you to view your library card account and see items you have checked out or have on reserve, renew items before they become overdue, cancel item requests, and view a list of outstanding fines. To view your library card account, click on this link, or visit the BCCLS web site.
Courtesy Library Cards
Rochelle Public Library offers Courtesy Cards for borrowing Rochelle Park Public Library materials only. These cards offer no access to inter-library loan or borrowing from other BCCLS libraries. The Library will make available Courtesy Cards to non-residents on the following basis:
- One-year, courtesy cards may be issued to those who work in Rochelle Park and do not reside in a town with a BCCLS library. Cards are renewable annually, upon verification of continued employment or business ownership in Rochelle Park.