The library is closed today, Monday, October 13, in observance of Columbus Day. We will reopen tomorrow at 10am.
Our TV discussion group will begin meeting on Thursday, October 9. We will watch and discuss the first season of the BBC series Sherlock. Episodes will be shown on Thursdays at 6:00pm from October 9 through October 23.
We’re taking suggestions for our November series, which will be revealed at the October 16 meeting. What’s your vote?
Parents: make Thursday night at the library a family affair by bringing the kids to Game Night, which also starts at 6:00pm!
Our summer hiatus is over, and the library is now open on Saturdays from 10 am – 3 pm. If you’re not able to visit during our weekday hours, come see us on Saturday!
We have good news for BCCLS library cardholders who prefer texting to phone calls and emails: you are now able to receive library notifications (such as when holds are available) via text message.
How do you do this?
- Sign in to your library account at www.bccls.org. (Once you’re logged in, if you do not see your name and the last four digits of your library card number, hover over the “My Account” button and click on the “My Record” option.)
- Click on the arrow in the “Contact Information and Preferences” section.
- Scroll down and enter your mobile phone number in the phone number section.
- Select your phone carrier in the box to the right. If your carrier does not appear in the drop-down menu, you are not eligible to receive TXT notifications.
- Click the circle to the left of “Send TXT to this number.”
- Click on “Submit Change Request” to save the changes you’ve made to your account.
If you want to receive TXT notifications exclusively (i.e. no email notifications):
- Select “TXT Messaging” from the drop-down menu below the words “My preference for receiving library notices”. If you want to receive TXT notifications in addition to email notifications, leave this preference set to “Email Address”.
- Click the “Submit Change Request” button.
Now you’re ready to receive text message notices regarding your BCCLS account.
Note: replies this phone number are not able to be read by library staff. Please respond to the email address in the text message or call the library directly.